What's involved in Enrolling a child
We want all tamariki (young people) to be the best they can be. Having a strong role model is an important part of creating that success, as well as having great whanau (family) support of the mentoring relationship.
Big Brothers Big Sisters has a long and reputable history in recruiting, screening, matching and supervising our volunteer mentors and their young people.
If you know a young person aged 6 -12 years who:
- Lives in the same area as a Big Brothers Big Sisters office
- Would benefit from having a supportive, consistent role model
- Can make weekly outings with their mentor
- Can commit to the mentoring relationship for 12 months
- Lives in a supportive environment with a supportive parent/caregiver
Then let your local Big Brothers Big Sisters team know so they can have them on their radar for when a suitable volunteer mentor comes along.
* Your child’s safety is extremely important to us. Big Brothers Big Sisters conducts a thorough background check on every volunteer in our programme. Every relationship is closely monitored and supported by a professionally trained coordinator.